- Thanks to all our members and elected officials for making this a 1st-Class Bonsai Society!
* Gallery Update: BBS Annual Picnic/Auction & Botanical Garden Show pictures have been uploaded to the 'Galleries' Page.
* This year marks the 20th Anniversary of the Boise Bonsai Society! The BBS was started in 1995 with 11 original members, becoming official with elected officers in 1996, with 'Bonsai Bob' Legget as Sensei.
22 OCT; 6-8pm
Location: Farwest Nursery
17 NOV; 5:30-8pm
Location: to be announced to members only
- Water often and deeply.
- Fertilize with 5-10-10 or 0-10-10.
- Scrub trunks of elm, birch and zelkova with diluted lime sulfur.
- Protect trees from afternoon sun.
- Prune to avoid die-back. If you cannot see through the foliage, prune to allow sun light into inner branches.
- Cut pine needles in half to promote secondary budding.
The Boise Bonsai Society (BBS) is a group of dedicated bonsai enthusiasts from the greater Boise, Idaho area. Our goal is to educate both our members and the general public in the art form known as 'Bonsai' (pronounced 'bone-sigh'), the ancient Asian art of growing miniature trees in pots. Our club holds bonsai workshops, collecting trips, and annual shows throughout the year. All levels of ability are welcome!
A Bonsai Educational Experience for All